Is life a dream, mama?
That's the question I got tonight from Amara as we were snuggling up before bed. I wasn't sure where she got that from, but upon further inquiry it came out that on one of Amara's stamps, it says, "Life is a dream. Realize it."
I did my best to come up with a coherent explanation, and ended up with something about working hard can enable us to achieve our goals. Amara seemed to get that dreams don't just mean the things you see when you're sleeping, but also hopes and goals.
Ethan however, kept trying out his hand at examples of realizing dreams:
So, if you want to be a superhero, you can go to sleep and dream about superheroes. Then you wake up, practice your superhero moves, and you'll become a superhero, right?
Notice how he incorporated working hard to achieve his goal by practicing his superhero moves when he woke up?
Soon he was hoping to realize dreams about becoming a dolphin, and a game. Ha! Not all dreams are meant to be realized!

4 Comments:
how sweet your babies are! Great explanation of the stamp! I can't wait to see what fun things Jennah comes up with!
Oh if only!! I'd love to be a fly on the wall and hear all of your kids witty observations:)
Man, it's crazy the simple complexity of kids' questions, huh? I've actually been thinking about your post for Max's entire nap!
cute posts! i love to read all the fun and silly things your kids do.
Post a Comment
<< Home