Apr 14, 2007

3 completely unrelated, random thoughts

There's been some loud music and occasional girly "yay"s coming from outside. I assumed that the college guys across the street were having some kind of party. Well, I peeked out the window a second ago, and saw a small bus parked in front of a different neighbor's house (whose lights were off and was probably not a participant). The bus says "Fantasy Bus" in big letters on the side, and has blaring music and colored lights inside. The bus driver, a young guy, is standing outside, and a slightly older woman is standing inside with a camera - 1, 2, 3 and a bunch of female voices sing "yay" and she snaps the picture. This repeats a few times, then the bus driver jumps back in and they drive away. What??

Next randomness. I've made a little possum friend. I've seen him twice now in the last 3 days in our back yard. The first time it was late at night and I just glimpsed him for a second. I started to try to get closer for a better look, but thought better of it when I remembered my dad's story of one turning on him and hissing one night when he tried to chase it off in his back yard. What ever happened to playing dead? Anyways, this morning I stepped outside and it was in the middle of our yard. It hid in some bushes for a bit, then went bounding across a little road into a neighbor's yard. I used to find possums hideous, but now I think they have some cuteness hidden in there, too. One thing that I found funny was that it lumbered along more like a bear than a rat. He was kind of thick, and with those short little legs... less graceful than a little mouse! I'm quite enamored at the variety of wildlife we've encountered in our back yard. I saw a bunny last week, too.

Last thought: We go to the library a lot, and Amara always picks out a book from the baby section (board books and such) for Ethan. Last week she grabbed "Once Upon a Potty", which I'd heard of, but never read. Well, Amara laughed so hard she cried the first time I read it to her. Yay potty humor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home