Insistence
Last night I was getting the kids into their jammies. I had just gotten some clothes out of the dryer, and Ethan's fire engine pjs were still damp, so I hung them from his drawer to let them dry and selected a different pair for him to wear. As I was putting on his pjs he was squirming with much greater intensity than usual, and when his pants went on, he screamed and stomped. Wow! What is he so anxious to do? I thought. As soon as he was free, he ran over to his hanging pants, handed them to me, and started doing his best fire engine impression. Yikes. Sadly, I couldn't comply because they really were too damp. We went down together and put them in the dryer. They didn't dry in time for him to fall asleep, but the process helped distract him for awhile and I managed to cheer him up again! Tonight, he's snoozing away in those fire trucks....
Love watching the 1 year old mind at work.
Oh-as a side note, today's game of choice was Throw dirt at everything in the front yard. Oh what fun. Ethan started digging in an unused plantar in our front yard. Next thing I know, the two of them are taking fist fulls of dirt and flinging them in the air. It was actually pretty entertaining. The highlight for me was when Ethan said, "hat" and dumped a bowl full of dirt on his head. A close second was when he ate dirt. Ugh.
Amara also picked 3 large "bouquets" of dandelions today. She loves it so much. It'll be a sad day when we get around to mowing our lawn.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home