Spatula Fun
Ethan's favorite new prop is the spatula. I'm not sure how he got a hold of it in the first place, but I bet Amara handed it to him while we were cooking in the kitchen. His favorite use: as a stick pony. He "rides" it around neighing. He also used it as a vacuum yesterday. Again, why do we buy toys?
Ethan also said his first sentence. "Bye Dada!" on the phone the other night.
Today after church, we decided to "play primary". Amara was up front leading the class, and about 5 times Kristina had a turn to give the scripture. And guess who whispered it in my ear? Yep, little Amara. It was pretty fun because I got little glimpses into what she's learning and how she's interpreted certain words in the scriptures. The part that cracks me up the most is this little ditty that she whispered in my ear:
Eyes to See
Ears to Hear
Teeth to Chew
Chin to Wrinkle
Huh? The eyes and ears part was repeated again in a scripture later, but I don't know where she got the teeth and chin. I think she was staring at the side of my face while she whispered as a source of her inspirations, but still. And fine, I have a wrinkly chin. ??
By the way, Alan is back from another trip (San Diego) and will actually be home for awhile now!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home