Mar 16, 2007

Amaraisms

After a frustrating morning, I apoligized to Amara for being grouchy, to which she replied: I still love you when you're grouchy.

When I was feeling upset, Amara brought me what she always brings to those who are upset: a glass of water. Somehow she's come to believe that a glass of water is the salve to heal all wounds.

During lunch: If you're in a wheelchair, I'll do all the tall things for you. But it will be tricky for me; I'll have to stand on my tip toes.

At bedtime, she accused me of hitting her! I was about to brush her teeth, and I put my finger on her cheek to turn her face toward me. I think she bit down at the same time, and she bit her cheek because of the way my finger was pushing in on it. I'm guessing that because it hurt when I touched her cheek, she reasoned that I'd hit her? She kept insisting that I'd hit her, until I looked in her mouth with a flashlight, saw the redmark from her teeth, and offered a lengthy explanation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home