Mar 3, 2007

Sassy Girl!

Amara's added a few new sassy lines to her repertoire. The other day, when she wanted to do something that I deemed unacceptable, she defiantly shouted in protest, "I can do whatever I want!" Oh really? After further discussion/reflection, I found her claim to be particularly amusing, since no one can really do whatever they want. I tried providing her with a few examples: Can you drive the car to the park? Fly like a bird? Become invisible? I didn't think so!

Another gem: If Amara gets frustrated while doing a project, and I offer to help, well, sometimes my help is not welcome and only fuels the frustration, so she yells, "Forget about it!" That cracks me up!

I was also on the receiving end of her first "I hate you" the other day. It was surprisingly untraumatic for both of us, since it was said in response to something minor I'd said, and it was phrased as a question. "I hate you?" and then she looked at me questioningly - Can I say that? What does that mean? Hopefully that won't become a common phrase in our house!

1 Comments:

At 9:04 PM, Blogger Natalie said...

That is hilarious! I'll have to use that one on Ev when he says he can do whatever he wants...clever!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home