Feb 7, 2007

Taking Candy from a Baby

A couple days ago, Amara rushed to me with this tale: I got an M&M and bit it in half and gave half to Ethan!

Aside from my issues with giving my baby candy, I was concerned because I know that the small stash of M&Ms that Amara has hidden in her jewelry box are of the almond variety. Despite her biting the M&M in half before sharing with her brother, I was worried he could choke (and I knew because of its tastiness that he'd be reluctant to spit it out, even if he couldn't chew it too well). Anyway, I ran back to Amara's room and found Ethan, sans M&M, and looking very happy. Since then, Ethan regularly requests "nem nem", and I was shocked to realize that he even recognizes the M&M package. We have a bag in our basement, and everytime we walk by, "nem nem" is the plea. Yikes. That's impressive.

What I didn't predict about Amara's introducing candy to my baby is that you can never go back. Once you've tasted that chocolaty sweetness, you will always be calling "nem nem" (I can relate!)

1 Comments:

At 10:14 PM, Blogger Ian said...

Nem Nems are pretty darn good, what with the chocolate and all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home