Sep 2, 2006

Church tomorrow

Tonight I was sitting with Amara as she was falling asleep, and I mentioned that tomorrow is Sunday. An interesting conversation followed.

First of all, Amara has a new teacher, and she can't quite figure out what happened to her previous teacher. I tried to explain to her the various reasons that we get new teachers at church. She thought awhile, and told me that her last teacher was pretty old (maybe from a 3 year-olds perspective...), and that she was now a gardener. Amara also plans to write her teacher a letter about how she misses her. It will also say, "Do you still love me? I bet you do!" Also, her previous teacher wanted to teach Amara's class "forever and ever. Did they not know that?" Also, "other fishie" (which joined our lives along with other members of the cast of Finding Nemo) goes to her class with her, and when he's there she doesn't cry. There were about a million other comments and questions about our church building, and various people from church, but I won't cover those here. I do want to say though, that I was impressed by Amara belting out the primary songs when I went with her to Primary one day in California. I mean, I know this girl's a good little singer, but given her quiet nature in groups, I was a bit surprised. That is one of my favorite things - to hear those little sweeties singing songs with all their hearts. Amara's favorite song? Did Jesus Really Live Again?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home