
Saturday we (me, kiddos, both sets of grandparents, and Anna) trekked over to Marine World. We spent quite a bit of time seeing the animals. Of course the Killer Whale show was a hit, and Amara really cracked up at the Sea Lion Show (though more questions about meanies ensued, since there was a "bad guy" in the show). We were pretty amazed by Amara's eagerness to go on rides.

When we first pulled up, she eyed the giant roller coaster and claimed she was going to ride it. Hmmm... Should I take that as a sign that she's adventurous, or that she has no comprehension of what she's about to get herself into?

I was also a bit apprehensive since about a month ago she was sitting in a mini train at Walmart, and when we added a quarter to get it going she quickly bailed out. How would she react to actual rides, especially when she's buckled in and can't escape until its over? Here's how she reacted: I think she rode every kiddie ride in the park.

Ethan did amazingly well, too. He snoozed a bit in the sling, and really got a kick out of the crowd at the whale show. I think clapping and squealing were his favorite events of the day. Oh wait-I take that back. This waterpark is in fierce competition for favorite. I was impressed by the modified crawl that he developed to avoid the wet cement-just feet and hands, no knees!

4 Comments:
I remember going to Marine World with you and Alan - you were able to get me up front to meet the Killer Whale. Did you pull off any similar antics with your kids?
I heard Marine World was all rides and no animals. Glad to hear they still have the whales. I took a ride on an elephant there many years ago. Now I wish I had time to take the kids before we leave! Your kids are so cute and I love 'hearing' you talk about them =)
They actually have quite a few animals still. Whales, dolphins, seals, sea lions, penguins, rays, sharks, giraffes, elephants, tigers, lions, birds....
That looks like so much fun. When are you coming back to TN? How I'd love to be in CA for the summer...awesome.
Post a Comment
<< Home