Aug 25, 2006

"I forgot to eat my butterhand"

This phrase, though uttered in a moment of extreme distress by a sleepy girl, was quite amusing. I quickly realized that Amara had been forced to wait until after dinner to eat her Butterfinger, but had then forgotten all about it until she was in bed, overtired, and about to sleep - the point of no return. No way was I about to get her up and give her a Butterfinger, but she was so sad!

Amara has also been very into speaking Spanish lately. She does know a few actual Spanish words, but she has no problem improvising when the situation arises. In Spanish, fork is pronounced "ganjaluca," (according to Amara) and its fork in "Regular" language. I don't think she quite gets that Spanish is a whole other language, as opposed to a few fun words repeated by some cute cartoon character. We should start watching the Spanish channel, not just Dora.

2 Comments:

At 2:26 PM, Blogger Natalie said...

Hilarious!! Ev's into speaking "spanish" too. He makes up some things, and is always asking what the spanish word for this or that is. Thanks Dora and Diego!

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Raging Wombat said...

Don't for get Boots. We don't want to anger Boots.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home