Feb 14, 2006

Happy V-Day

With today being Valentine's Day and all, I was inspired to resurrect our chia pets. When we were dating, Alan and I admitted to each other that chia pets were cool, and we decided to buy our own ch-ch-ch-chias together. We loved and nourished our chias, but over time, they were neglected, and their lovely coats withered... What better way to say I love you than with the pottery that grows?

Fun (or sad?) fact: 15% of U.S. women send themselves flowers on Valentine's Day.

4 Comments:

At 8:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheers to the 15 percent!. . .and I thought I was being original. This my sound strange but I really like Valentine's Day. My friends call if Single Awareness Day. I figure every day is Single Awareness Day. On Valentine's Day I celebrate possiblities. :-)

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger stina said...

You're cool, Anna. I love your optimism. We were discussing last night how weird Valentine's is. Guys only care about it b/c they want their woman to be happy. Women are depressed if they're single, and disappointed if they're in a relationship. You can't win.

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger The Duke said...

I LOVE Chia pets. They are cool. I used to have a dog--I think--long ago in the dim and distant past.

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Natalie said...

Wow, I'd never thought of sending myself flowers....weird. If I wanted flowers I'd just go pick them up. That's funny.

Chia pets are great way to celebrate love and passion for each other! :)

I couldn't agree more with your statement (above) about V-day....so true. Luckily in my marriage both of us are too flaky (or lazy) to go all out for the holiday, so we have an "understanding", which makes it easy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home