By the way....
Well, somehow I managed to make it through 9 months of pregnancy and never even mentioned it on this blog. I think having a new family member, and realizing how much I've missed recording over the last year has spurred me into action.
Grace Lauren was born 3 weeks ago. She was 9 lbs 1 oz. I ended up having a c-section this time, which I really thought that I would hate. But really, after it was all over with, I still got a sweet little baby, and I got to keep her in my recovery room and hold her the whole time. I needed a lot more help, and still have a few restrictions, but in the most important ways, it didn't matter how she got here.
I use the term "holding" loosely. The nurse set her on me, but my arms were velcroed down so I couldn't cause any trouble.
Still, she held Grace there for awhile for me, and took some pictures for us. I have to say, the nurses were awesome. I've never been dependent on them like I was this time, and they were all good, and some really went out of their way to be helpful and kind.
Poor Mathis was a little scared when the family came to visit. For one thing, the hospital brought back too many recent memories from the chin/stitches incident. Plus, I was confined to the bed and attached to an IV and other stuff. Plus - a whole new family member. It was a lot to take in for a two year old. He's been very sweet with her though, even though he is a bit jealous.
![]() |
| Alan all suited up |
We had to wait a long time and it was a bit nerve wracking. Twins were born via c-section right before our turn, so we had to wait longer than expected.
| Holding little Grace shortly after she was born. |
Still, she held Grace there for awhile for me, and took some pictures for us. I have to say, the nurses were awesome. I've never been dependent on them like I was this time, and they were all good, and some really went out of their way to be helpful and kind.
| Here's little Grace the next day snoozing on my lap. |
Poor Mathis was a little scared when the family came to visit. For one thing, the hospital brought back too many recent memories from the chin/stitches incident. Plus, I was confined to the bed and attached to an IV and other stuff. Plus - a whole new family member. It was a lot to take in for a two year old. He's been very sweet with her though, even though he is a bit jealous.
Here she is at two weeks old.


1 Comments:
Congratulations Alan and Kristina! She is beautiful! Oh and I LOVE the name Grace (that would have been Will's name if he was a girl) and obviously Lauren too. Way to go!! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home