Feb 14, 2009

A few good lines

I realized that I haven't recently recorded many of the silly things I hear my kids say.  There are so many of them, and they are so funny.  I only wish that by writing it on here I could properly convey their little personalities and how amusing it is to hear what they have to say.  Have I mentioned that Ethan talks non-stop?  He does.  Well, usually.  And he regularly has conversations with us that are completely scripted by him.  

Ethan: Do you know who I am?
Me: Rescue Dog?
Ethan: I want you to pretend you don't know.
Ethan: Do you know who I am?
Me: I have no idea!
Ethan: I'm really strong and I rescue dogs.
Me: Are you Rescue Dog?
Ethan: Yes!

I overheard him have another conversation with himself (except he did all the talking instead of prompting me.)  We'd just bought him some Bakugans and were driving home.  He kept making this crazy growling sound, then with a tone of mock concern said,

"What is up with this thing? What is going on with it?" and eyed his toy with concern.  Then he muttered to himself, "Let me check the directions."  A few moments of silence pass as he eyes the packaging.  "It says its growling because its mean!"

We spoke briefly about volcanoes the other day.  Now lava shoots out of guns and wreaks all sorts of havoc around the house.  When Grandma asked Ethan about lava the other day, he replied: Lava is a hot liquid that comes out of the ocean.  
I'm not sure why he thinks it comes exclusively from the ocean, but hearing him explain it in all seriousness is rather entertaining.

He wanted me to be Lucius Malfoy and play Harry Potter.  But when I teased him about something, this is what I got:  Don't mess with me Lucius Malfoy.  I'm Voldemort.

In the middle of a long movie, he exclaimed, "Can you turn off the TV so I can stop sitting here?"  At least he in some way recognizes the tv's addictive powers.  Walking away from a running show was not an option, even though he didn't want to be there any more.

On Christmas, Amara was struggling to open an especially exciting gift, and just could not get the packaging off.  She said frantically while tearing at the package: I should have got my exercise!! 

4 Comments:

At 10:06 AM, Blogger Eric & Aimei Phillips said...

Hopper...your kids are cute! I can't wait until Max has a personality!!! (other than pooping and stuff!)We'll be around during the fourth of July...let's try and get together...hey, also, I stored your cell phone number incorrectly...will you call me?

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

i love how they have to briefly break character to inform you of the rules: "I want you to pretend you don't know." that is awesome!

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Aida said...

Your kids sound like a lot of fun! They always look so darn cute in all the pictures.

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger Elisa said...

My favorite is "can you please turn off the tv so I can stop sitting here." I'm going to say that to Doug the next time we watch tv. So cute.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home