Jan 24, 2009

The Movie Game

Our cousin Melanie did this game on her blog, and she tagged us, so we had to do it. Actually, it was pretty fun to try to figure out the movie quotes. It was even more fun looking up old movies on imdb and laughing at all the great lines. It was harder than I thought it would be to pick quotes though - are these quotes really recognizable to any of the general populace, or just to me who's watched these movies a million times? Time will tell! So, using your memory only (NO GOOGLING QUOTES), take a trip down memory lane and see what movies you can ID. Just put the number and movie name in the comments. 

1. A little more caution from you, that is no trinket you carry.

2. This is not a phoney phone call. There is an intruder - male, Caucasian, possibly armed, certainly weird - in my kitchen...

3. She is tolerable, I suppose, but not handsome enough to tempt me.

4. But the worst thing I ever done - I mixed a pot of fake puke at home and then I went to this movie theater, hid the puke in my jacket, climbed up to the balcony and then, t-t-then, I made a noise like this: hua-hua-hua-huaaaaaaa - and then I dumped it over the side, all over the people in the audience. And then, this was horrible, all the people started getting sick and throwing up all over each other. I never felt so bad in my entire life.

5. Too bad, she said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.

6. I can't hear you, you're trailing off and did I catch a niner in there? Were you calling from a walkie-talkie?

7. Yes, Satan? Oh, I'm sorry, sir. You sounded like someone else.

8. ...when you look in her eyes and she's looking back in yours... everything... feels... not quite normal. Because you feel stronger and weaker at the same time. You feel excited and at the same time, terrified. The truth is... you don't know what you feel except you know what kind of man you want to be. It's as if you've reached the unreachable and you weren't ready for it."

9. I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even stopper death -- if you aren't as big a bunch of dunderheads as I usually have to teach.

10. I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.

11. Follow. But. Follow only if ye be men of valour, for the entrance to this cave is guarded by a creature so foul, so cruel that no man yet has fought with it and lived. Bones of full fifty men lie strewn about its lair. So, brave knights, if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further, for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth.

12. I knew the moment it happened, it was a miracle. I could have been kissing her when she threw up. It would have scarred me for life. I may never have recovered. I'm a miracle man.

13. Because it's DULL, you twit. It'll hurt more.

14. Great, I got that "excited/scared" feeling. Like 98% excited, 2% scared. Or maybe it's more - It could be two - it could be 98% scared, 2% excited but that's what makes it so intense, it's so - confused. I can't really figure it out.

15. Look, Your Worshipfulness, let's get one thing straight. I take orders from just one person: me.

12 Comments:

At 8:11 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

Oh man this is killing me!! So many of these are literally on the tip of my brain!!
Here's what I think I know..

1.Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship??
3.Pride and Predjudice (Extra points for knowing that that line came from the BBC version, right??)
6. Tommy Boy
9. Harry Potter (first one?)
11.Lord of the Rings (GAH! the second one??)
15.Star Wars

Gosh, I'm awful at this!!
I must find out what number 4 is. I am laughing my head off at it.

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger stina said...

Melanie - You're are right - except for #11.

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

Goonies!! Number 4 is Goonies!! Aww, man. Thought my head was gonna explode...

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Buppa H said...

1. LOTR
3. P&Prejudice
4. Goonies
5. Napolean Dynamite
9. Potter
10. Pirates
12. Signs
15. Star Wars

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger BanAnna said...

This was a group effort:
1. FOTR (both)
2. Ferris Bueller (J)
3. Pride & Prejudice (both)
4. Goonies (A)
5. Napoleon Dynamite (J)
6. ?
7. ?
8. Spiderman (A)
9. Harry Potter COS (both)
10. Pirates of the Carribean (both)
11. Monty Python (J)
12. Signs (A)
13. Robinhood (both)
14. ?
15. StarWars - A New Hope (J)

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger stina said...

Impressive guys! Still need: #7 & #14!

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger stina said...

Really? No one else is going to guess??

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

Thank you stina, and think about the poor people who check back every day (okay hour) to see what 7 and 14 are because it is driving them crazy, and it is starting to drive them to want to cheat. And by them I mean me.

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Elisa said...

I've disqualified myself. I knew I had seen both those movies and it was driving me insane. I just had to look them up. Both are great movies though. What a fun game.

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger stina said...

Ok fine! If no one else is going to guess.... here goes:
7. Ace Ventura (Said by Ace to landlord)
14. Armageddon (Said by Owen Wilson's character)
Thanks for playing.

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

Ace Ventura! Yes! Duh. Thank you.

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Emily said...

That was fun. I knew most of them...nostalgia though for goonies, Tommy boy, was there a Ferris Bueller's day off in there...anyway all it was missing was a quote from Fletch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home