Jan 1, 2009

Happy New Year, Harry Potter

Amara decided that a Harry Potter was in order for New Years this year.

Amara drew all these great owls and we hung them from the fan.  With the fan on low, they could actually "fly" over the table while we ate pizza.

Amara also made letters for the owls to deliver to the different guests.

We also played Pin the Tail on Dudley.

Here's Ethan as Harry Potter.  The unsharpened #2 pencil is the usual wand of choice around here.  


The cone looks a little like a wizard hat, doesn't it??

We then watched a movie from our Harry Potter library.  Keep in mind that this all happened before 9:00.  I can't imagine the kids being able to survive until midnight.  Maybe someday.  I can't say I'm in any real hurry...

Amara had all kinds of grand ideas, and sometimes gets disappointed when we don't follow through on them all. Other ideas that we did not do: complex costumes for each character, a Hogwarts Express replica, flying car, Quidditch games... I can't remember them all!

5 Comments:

At 6:55 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

This is mega creative, your kids are so much fun! lovin the harry potter glasses!

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Buppa H said...

Pin the tail on Dudley. That's brilliant!!!

And, Ethan as Harry? Wicked fun.

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger BanAnna said...

I love the owls with the letters. What a cool idea!

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Andy, Beth and Jennah, too! said...

Next time I need some party ideas... I'm so calling Amara! She's brilliant!

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger Raging Wombat said...

Pin the tail on Dudley! Great! Next year you could brew up some of Snape's potions for your evening elixer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home