Nov 24, 2008

Nomad Barbie

I was lucky enough to get included in this great group of moms/kids from Amara's school.  We've been getting together every Friday to do both science and history projects.

This is about half of our group, showing off their nomad barbies. Hey - at least they aren't being attacked by murderous birds.

And here's Amara building a lovely home for the nomads.  The kids really had fun doing this, and they even planted seeds afterwards, since we were reading about the nomads and the first farmers.

This is one of my favorite parts of the week.  Amara and Ethan really look forward to getting together with everyone and playing and learning, and I look forward to teaching the kids and sharing ideas (mostly getting ideas, at this point) from the other moms (most of which have more experience at homeschooling than I do).

2 Comments:

At 4:30 PM, Blogger BanAnna said...

That looks like fun! Nomad Barbie? Sounds like Barbie has branched out since I was a kid. Very cool.

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

They won't be Nomads for long, those Barbies are getting an awesome living space, go Amara!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home