Tonight is the night...
...when women around the world revel in the juvenile tween phenomenon that is Twilight...

...and men everywhere weep at the prospect of years of sequels bringing the impossible to live up to "male" image of Edward to the minds of our wives and girlfriends.

With few major releases on the horizon this movie is going to be ridiculously huge. I am just hoping that its opening is also brief.
While I read Twilight and was bored by it, I understand the obsession. So, even if I am not inclined to participate in "tweening out" to Twilight I hope the movie lives up to expectations.
Enjoy it ladies.
I'll be at home...watching the Lord of the Rings.

6 Comments:
Alan, I love you!!! Thank you for at least being able to understand the obsession...I don't expect men to be obsessed...in fact that would scare me a lot...but the comprehension of why is nice...so, on behalf of all of the wives out there with husbands who just claim to, "not get it." THANK YOU!!!
i completley agree with whoever that just was, you don't have to get it, just support us in the madness! the movie doesn't compare with the books,but a definate must see for those of us who enjoy, how did you put it, "tweening out?!"
Yes. "tweening out" a derivative of "geeking out".
I recall the line from an old movie: "Why can't a woman be more like a man."
Perhaps that will be replaced by: "Why can't my man be more like a vampire!"
lol buppa! saw it again last night at 10, so I TOTALLY own the geeking out:)
well, as much as i loved the books, i wish i would have stayed home and watched LOTR too! it was painfully ridiculous. but the sad thing, is i'll be at the sequel's release because i just can't help myself!
Post a Comment
<< Home