Nov 4, 2008

Halloween Wrap Up

Here we see Batman, courageously preparing the family for a night of Halloween festivities.  Well, I don't know what he's really doing, but it sure looks important.  

This is the first year that Amara willingly touched pumpkin innards.  To prove her bravery, she held up this miniscule but still slightly intimidating piece of guts.

She carved her whole pumpkin!  Well, almost.  I did one eye to show her (thinking she didn't really remember well enough to do it all herself), and she jumped right in and did the rest, no problem.

Its pretty spooky around here, no?

Trick or treating buddies.  These are some of our friends that invited us to go trick or treating with them.  Ethan LOVES Sophie, the 11 year-old.  And she watches out for him.  Very cute.

Yay candy! I'm a lot less enthusiastic about full sized candy bars as a parent than I was as a child. When my 5 year-old pulls out a giant crunch bar and asks if she can eat it, I can't help but lament the uphill battle ahead as I work on convincing her that a half of a bar is enough for a 5 year-old. It is pretty weird, don't you think? We send our kids to take candy from strangers, then try to stop them from eating most of it.

Ethan's favorite: lollipops.  He's in heaven.   This year, he actually eats most of his lollipops, instead of taking two licks and forgetting about it.  

And now appearing for the first time: Spidercrawl.  He is Lord of the Spiders (Ethan proclamed this earlier).  He usually wears a spider suit, but he has a bat suit, too.  He also has a mask that's the same as Batman's mask.  The boots help him run better and better and better and he gets faster and faster.  Ethan will give you a demonstration if you drop by.  He saves spiders.  And his arch enemy is called Foomsick The Haunted.  

2 Comments:

At 5:57 PM, Blogger Buppa H said...

Ethan sure hs the Batman look down. Move over Christian Bale!

Amara looks great in her costume. I still think she would go ga-ga over Wonder Woman.

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

where to even start commenting, it's all so great! i love how their expressions in the picture match their pumpkins, too cute. oh, and the picture of ethan looking adoringly at the girl next to him is priceless!
And I think the spiders at my house would love for Ethan to come and save them! they are not safe here...;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home