Nov 16, 2008

Happy Birthday, little man

On Friday we celebrated my "baby"'s third birthday. It really is hard to believe how quickly it goes.   I think Amara was just as excited as Ethan. They practiced for his birthday a few days early with Huggie Bear as the stand in birthday boy and muffins for cupcakes.  



Friday morning Amara woke up just after six and was ready to yank Ethan out of bed for presents and celebrations. Fortunately I was able to convince her to wait a bit. She then stared at the clock for awhile. "Its 6:35. Its 6:36. Its 6:37. Its almost 7, right?" Needless to say, I didn't get much more sleep, and Ethan woke up soon after that.


We had a fun day, though I failed to take very many pictures. We spent all morning at a friend's house doing our weekly science and history classes. We brought along cupcakes and sang and celebrated while we were there. Ethan also received many fantastic gifts - thank you family!  Notice below:  Ethan's opening a light saber cleverly disguised in a cereal box.  It was wrapped, too, but Amara wanted to make sure it was a surprise!!  Ethan's been wanting this purple light saber for weeks, and we've had to distract him so many times! 


We also went on Saturday and saw Madagascar 2 with some friends.  There were numerous laugh out loud moments, so I'll have to rate it as a great success.  Good times.

4 Comments:

At 11:46 AM, Blogger Bob Norman said...

Thanks for your movie rating. Your children are beautiful. We are so happy for you.

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger Buppa H said...

That's one happy boy!

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

happy birthday ethan! if i remember correctly, 3 was the best!

 
At 5:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home