Feb 10, 2008

Voting for President

On Tuesday Kristina pulled the lever in the California primary and brought Ethan and Amara in tow. When they got home the kids both had "I voted" stickers proudly displayed on their chests. A few days later, at dinner, we were talking about the election and Ethan informed us that he had voted by yelling "I voted!!" over and over until we had to halt the conversation. I turned to him and asked "who did you vote for Ethan?" The excitemend in his face drained, replaced by the glassy eyed stare of consfusion. The little wheels were spinning in his head. After a few blank seconds his faced registered an epiphany. He looked up at me, bright eyed, and exclaimed "President Monson!"

Note: For those of you who aren't LDS the President of the Church Gordon B. Hinckley passed away last week and the new President of the LDS Church is Thomas S. Monson. We don't vote for Church Presidents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home