Happy Birthday, Ethan!! I can't believe my baby's 2 years old! Today when we asked him how old he was, he kept saying, "two more
olds!"

Amara, the early riser that she is, worked hard before Ethan woke up to decorate. She blew these balloons up herself, hung the streamers, and drew faces on the balloons.

Amara gave Ethan her gift first thing in the morning. She decided a month or so ago that Ethan really needed a
snuggly little bear of his own, so we went and picked one out about 3 weeks ago. I was impressed by her patience and ability to keep a secret.

Here he is giving his new bear a squeeze. I wish you could hear the funny grunting sound that accompanied this squeeze.

In preparation for cake eating. Amara made this birthday hat, but forgot the chin strap. I had to balance it precariously for this picture,.

I wanted to make a cake that Ethan would be excited about, but I didn't want it to take hours since he's only two!! and we weren't having a big party or anything. This worked out great. Its a
bundt cake cut into 4
ths and decorated with a lot of help from Amara.

Ethan thought the whole singing and candle thing was a bit weird, but he loved the cake! And he kept singing happy birthday to everyone else for the rest of the evening.


I'm king of the presents! He got a lot of fun things!! Thanks grandmas and grandpas!!

He got this little tool set, with a stepping stool that has a little compartment for all the tools. He loves the stool, and he kept proclaiming with excitement: I got a real screwdriver!!

Here he is modeling his new jacket and being silly with his screwdriver.
We had a very fun day. Ethan was so excited about the whole process. Decorations! Cake! Presents! So cute! I sure love this little (or should I say big?) guy!!
1 Comments:
That is an awesome cake. I think I'm going to have to do that for Blaise's birthday (more for Rae's sake though)
Post a Comment
<< Home