Dancing Woes and Triumphs
Last week we had some dance class issues. We arrived, Amara went out on the floor, and about 5 minutes in got upset about something minor. Well, it was minor in my mind, but she got upset, cried, and couldn't get calmed down through the rest of class time and missed the whole thing! We stayed the whole time, and she wasn't sobbing throughout, but every time she'd start thinking of heading back out on the floor, she'd get upset again.
We talked about what happened that day, then were just matter of fact about it the rest of the week. So today was class again, she was excited, and we went hoping not to have a repeat of last week. Before things even got started she got upset again! She's such a sensitive little girl, and I think she just started thinking about last week. But here comes the good part: She decided that she did not want to miss her class again, so she did her best to suck it up, went and sat by her teacher, and did her best to keep it under control. She teared up a couple times, but kept it together and eventually got over it and had a fun time. She was really proud of herself, too. I was proud, too. Stuff like that is tough for her.

2 Comments:
I loved to take Anna to dance class. She really enjoyed it and showed a lot of talent too. She was creative, artistic, and fluid. But the day of her recital she was a wreck. I had her in the car and the closer we got to the studio the sicker she became. When we arrived, she was throwing up. I told her she didn't need to go in, so I turned the car around and headed home. The further we got from the studio, the better she became. I felt so bad for her. She continued with her classes and I think she still loves to dance.
Good for Amara! She's a brave little girl.
Post a Comment
<< Home