
Today Amara was a determined pumpkin carver. I started the lid with the intention of doing it all myself, but she insisted on trying it and managed to get all the way around it. It took her awhile, but she persisted.

I told her to draw a picture of the face she wanted, and I'd cut it out. Check out that mouth! Spooky!

This picture doesn't fully capture the cuteness of this Jack-o-lantern, but I thought it came out very cute.

Ethan's feelings about the pumpkin innards are pretty well summarized with this picture. Grandma was showing him the inside of the pumpkin as I snapped this beauty. What he really wanted to do was carve, but it seemed pretty impossible for him.

Ethan was generally patient and happy during the whole carving process, despite having very few responsibilities. Here he is showing off his knife and pulling the goofy face that he often uses to showcase his goofiness.
2 Comments:
Love the scary smile on Amara's jack-o-lantern. And Ethan reaction to pumpkin innards is pretty universal I think. So funny!
In the picture where she is carving the pumpkin with her hair pulled back, Amara looks just like Alan at that age. Very cute!
Post a Comment
<< Home