von Trapp Family
The Sound of Music is one of my mother's favorite movies. I remember growing up that whenever it was on T.V. she got excited, and in all my adolescence "coolness", I rolled my eyes and refused to watch. My mom liked it, my dad liked it, my sister liked it. In fact, I was probably the only one in the family that didn't appreciate the film's music and story until later in life. Of course, like everyone else with a modicum of taste, I now consider the movie a classic.

Well, early this morning while reading through the usual RSS feeds I noticed a new post from Mark Steyn and, since I read just about everything that Mark Steyn pens, I read the post and was surprised to learn that one of the Mark's christmas habits is to hear Elisabeth von Trapp sing. I imagine that the information in his post, is not new to any of you. I guess, just like it took me years to appreciate the movie, it also has taken years to come to the realization that the von Trapp family has been a success story for generations.
BTW, I heard the movie a few times recently. It's one of my grandmother's favorites and she watched a number of times, with the sounds way up, while we were at my parent's place.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home