
As much as I enjoy the long summer days, they really wreak
havoc on Amara. Since she likes to wake up at the crack of dawn, her mornings keep getting earlier and the sleep
deprivation is accumulating. This morning we were all woken up by her screaming strange demands at us, then crying
inconsolably about gloves that don't fit right. Its time to resume the strict 700 bedtime (or maybe even earlier? depends on wake up time.) Its always weird to go to be so early when its light out, but its far worse to have a grouchy girl who feels bad all the time! (We had lights out at 7:15 tonight, but I heard her singing at the top of her lungs about 15 minutes later....)
On another cheerful note, we've been dealing with some violence issues lately. Ethan is a playful biter (it still hurts, but he thinks its funny), and Amara's picked up on the idea that biting/pinching/scratching is a good way to discourage Ethan from messing with her stuff. I was pretty disturbed by this at first, especially since its so uncharacteristic of her, but now that we've had a couple lengthy time-outs and discussions, we seem to be making a quick turn around. Phew!
2 Comments:
What a cute picture! I have one of Amara holding a dandelion that I just love.
Can't wait to see you next week.
Amara is really growing up!! She's so beautiful!!
Good luck with the biting thing. Does it hurt Ethan? that used to make Jaden feel the worst--if it made Beckam cry. I always emphasized how it was his job to take care of his little brother, not to hurt him.
Post a Comment
<< Home