Strange Shows
Friday night we watched Shaolin Soccer. It was.....quirky. I don't know how to adequately express my thoughts on this movie. Plot: Injured soccer player teams up with kung fu obsessed youth to form a soccer team, whose members employ unique, kung fu inspired moves which allow them to triumph. Sounds interesting enough, but totally goofy, choppy.... I think I smiled continuously for the first 30 minutes, simply because I was amused at the kookiness of it all. The thing that really baffles me though, is that it has all these rave reviews on Amazon! What? I don't really consider myself to be a particularly harsh movie critic, but...?? Maybe if I'd been expecting comedy instead of action it wouldn't have seemed so odd. It was in Chinese with English subtitles...maybe something got lost in the translation.
I was also disappointed in Click and The Break Up, both of which we've seen recently. I did like Mission Impossible III, and I'm VERY excited that Superman Returns is coming out soon. I missed it in the theater...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home