Enter Minivan Mom
Just had to update-We are officially the owners of a new vehicle! Tonight we headed down to carmax and bought a Dodge Grand Caravan. I'm quite excited about so many things - Alan can sit in it without hitting his head on the roof (this became an issue once car seats entered the picture), not only working automatic door locks, but keyless entry!, having a place to change a diaper or nurse a baby, no duct tape or broken parts.... Anyways, I'm excited, and it was a fairly seamless process, but it still took hours tonight. And it was a bit strange, really, but the earliest we could head over there was at 6 tonight, so we were planning to stop at Wendy's on the way (thanks to Amara's requests), but she fell asleep on the way there! A nice dark long ride just before bedtime... who wouldn't succumb to sleep. Then she slept soundly all through dinner, laying on to chairs pushed up together, and didn't even stir to defend herself from Ethan's pokes and taunts. She finally woke up when we were leaving. Luckily she was too groggy to realize she'd missed out on frosties.
I must say though, that I am mourning the loss of my little Tempo a little bit. I've had that car for 11 years. I drove it in high school! Ah, memories. Luckily I've recovered from my severe inanimate object attachment issues, so I won't be sneaking over to the dealership to stalk my car or anything.
And Kasey, Kate or Deanna-if you're reading this... I could not stop laughing the other night as I contemplated switching from driving a 5 speed to an automatic, and remembering someone we know who could not seem to make the transition. Its not that hard! Just leave out the whole clutch part! The brake is not an acceptable substitute for the clutch! What a ride!

1 Comments:
cool! I still miss my 1st car a bit.
Post a Comment
<< Home