Reading and Eating
We got this giant book If You Give a Mouse a Cookie from the library. Its pretty cute, and Amara really gets a kick out of it. (Wow-that expression really seems stranger in print). Anyways, here she is "reading" it to grandpa. She also made a book a couple of days ago, which she wrote and illustrated, so she reads that often, too. Last time I heard it, it was all about Halloween and carving pumpkins. I'm guessing that next time it may be about Ethan's birthday (which is coming right up, by the way!!), and other timely events.
This is kind of a kooky picture of Amara, but if you inspect her plate, you'll realize that she's assembled a potato chip and watermelon sandwich. I heard grandpa teasing her about how good watermelon and chips would be together, but I didn't expect her to actually try it!Tonight after dinner, we were rifling through her Halloween stash (which magically shrinks at night when she's in bed! How does that happen? Luckily, she hasn't noticed, or doesn't care). I found some Hot Tamales, and opened them up, asking her if she wanted to try one. She was enthusiastic - hey, its candy! How can we go wrong? I warned her about the spiciness, and instructed her to take a small bite first, and to keep a glass of water handy. So, she took the tiny bite, looked a little surprised, and took a big gulp of water. She then announced that she liked it, but her tongue just didn't like it. The then proceeded to put the rest of the HT in her mouth! I was a bit surprised, and so was she! She morphed into the typical cartoon character - wide eyes, red face, smoke coming out the ears. She grabbed her water, but apparently was dissuaded by the fact that she had a big chunk of chewy candy in her mouth that she could choke on. She finally managed to swallow, had a big drink, and then smiled, reiterating that he tongue didn't like it. I was, as any good mother would, laughing at her the whole time.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home