Nov 15, 2006

Mmm...Sugar and Goo

I decided to venture into the world of cake decorating. This was a small step up from simply smearing frosting across the top of a cake, which is my usual routine. It turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself, and it was totally easy. Thanks Martha Stewart. Ethan enjoyed making monkey noises at the cake, and he actually ate some of his (unlike Amara on her first birthday.)
Here she is singing Happy Birthday in front of her own, personally decorated cupcake.
Ethan spent awhile investigating his portion of the cake. Hmmm. Gooey. I thought he was going to give up on it at this point. But he persisted.
He kept lifting it to his mouth, looking around, then putting it back down. Is this really food? You sure I should eat it??
He finally went for it, though a bit hesitantly.
After a few minutes, he hit his goo threshold and was ready to get out!!
Happy Birthday little sweety! Welcome to sugarland.

1 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great monkey cake! Happy Birthday Ethan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home