I'm a slacker, and I like to go outside
Alan informed me tonight that I've been slacking on the blog. He's right, but hearing it from him, who only reads occasionally was enough to inspire me to re enter the blogosphere on a more regular basis again. I will now make some lame excuses in an attempt to excuse my slackerness: I'm still struggling with computer problems. I actually got a new computer, but the battery is dysfunctional. (A replacement is on its way.) I realize that for those of you who haven't entered the laptop world, its hard to conceive of the need to have a portable computer, but let's just say I'll never return to a desktop. So anyways, I'm glued to a particular chair in order to use the computer, and it makes the computer susceptible to cute and chubby, but potentially damaging fingers. Also, I miss those of you who are in the process of moving and are forced to endure weeks sans internet and blogging. And those of you who are just busy, or slackers like myself.... I miss reading your posts, too. It seems like things have been slow.
Anyways, we recently repotted our plants out front, and have been spending some fun time outside (curse you, mosquitoes. I have a slew of new bites every day!!) Ethan has learned the sign for outside (imagine the motion of turning a doorknob), and he does it regularly. If I take Ethan outside, and don't stay for what he deems to be an appropriate amount of time before returning inside, crying ensues.
He crawls full speed ahead through the grass, and may be numbed to its scratchy effects by his adrenaline rush as he hones in on this pinwheel. He loves this thing!
Amara has a penchant for hose flinging. Not my favorite activity. Water flinging I can handle (usually), but grasping the hose too far down and swinging it around creates a frightening weapon. Thus far, tragedy has been avoided. We generally all end up soaked, and that's ok.

5 Comments:
Welcome back. It can be hard to find the time to maintain a blog regularly.
I feel guilty. I am months behind on my blog. I am determined to get back into it though. Thanks for the inspiration.
BTW, it looks like Ethan can spin the pinwheel himself. Cool! How is Amara doing with the misquitos? Is she still freaked by them?
She's usually ok with mosquitos buzzing around her, but the other day, she saw one on her leg, and freaked out, thinking it was a spider biting her. I was on the phone with mom, actually, so she can attest to the screams that ensued.
I confess, I'm contributing to the slow-blog-situation.
There's just been not much to talk about. I'm just trying to read all the time and work on starting my store- but I'm not discussing it publicly until it's ready to be shown. It's been busy though! :)
cchrissyy- And your 8.5 months pregnant!! I'm eager to hear more about your store!
Post a Comment
<< Home