Movie Reviews
After witnessing Amara's Nemo obsession, we thought it might be fun to introduce her to a few other classic kid movies. I assumed that she wouldn't be much of a critic, and would be excited to be watching a movie at all. Well, I was wrong. Though she often claims that the movie is deserving of a thumbs up, its usually pretty obvious when she wasn't impressed. So far, her favorites have been Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, Toy Story 2 and Cinderella. She's been unsure of The Fox and the Hound and Alice and Wonderland. Alice is pretty weird, and probably a bit confusing for a 3 year old. Its a bit confusing for viewers of any age, really. The Fox and the Hound consists of a lot of fleeing from scary animals. I'd say that's 75% of the movie. Yikes. Today we watched Cinderella - I'd forgotten how cute it is. She was smiling at those crazy mice the whole time! And she got a kick out of them calling Cinderella "Cinderelly."
Last night, Ethan woke up right as I was headed to bed and wasn't going back to sleep so easily, so I popped in "The Princess Bride." I love that movie. I only got through about 20 minutes before my boy conked out, but here's a favorite exchange between Inigo and Wesley:
Inigo: Who are you?
Wesley: No one of consequence.
Inigo: I must know.
Wesley: Get used to disappointment.
Inigo: Ok

3 Comments:
I am glad that Amara is demonstrating discriminating taste.
One of my favorite parts in the Princess Bride:
The Dread Pirate Roberts has caught up with Viscini (sp?) and Buttercup, and they sit down at the picnic the Sicilian has set up. Viscini goes off on a tangent, and loses his original train of thought:
Viscini: Where was I?
Roberts: Australia.
Now, whenever Annie and I ask, "Where was I?" the other always responds with, "Australia."
My favorite line is:
"My name is Inigo Montoya. You Killed my father. Prepare to die."
I also like it when Inigo says: "Let me sum up."
I love that movie.
Owen loves Cinderella. When I bought it he said, "That's a girl movie" (WHAT!? I found it hard to believe that my four-year-old was saying something so sexist at such a tender age) but he came around pretty easily. I knew he'd love it. It's the mice for sure.
Post a Comment
<< Home