May 10, 2006

And the green grass grows all around...

Our yard is in the beginning stages of becoming a mighty jungle. When we first moved here, we discussed the attributes of various lawnmowers. We finally decided to by a push mower. Cost factored into this decision, but was not the sole deciding factor. Unfortunately, we discovered pretty quickly that our yard is full of crazy roots & who knows what else that makes mowing a very difficult, all day affair. Its just not working! Anyways, fast forward to spring time, and our grass is really growing! It is pretty wild, so in addition to our lengthy green sprouts, we also have numerous wild flowers, some of which grow much faster than the grass! Ack! So now we've been faced with the dilemma of whether to buy a fancier mower, or hire someone to do the job for us. We think that hiring someone to do it for us is going to work out best for now - we'll be gone for a big chunk of the summer, and that's really the only time it needs regular mowing anyways. I must confess I feel a bit weird hiring someone to mow our lawn when we're students living on loan money. Even though we think that financially its the best decision, it just feels rich to hire someone to do something for us that we're capable of doing ourselves. Is that totally weird? Anyways, we hired someone to come last week, and he didn't show. We contacted him- He mowed the wrong lawn! So he's supposed to come to OUR house this week. Today in fact, but he didn't show. Granted it stormed this morning, but all that rain is aiding our growing grass, and we're starting to hide from our neighbors. Please lawn man, find our house and mow our lawn tomorrow!!!!!!!!

3 Comments:

At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's a great idea to have someone come and mow your lawn. It's a BIG lawn--and it's a good idea to have the lawnmower man get in the groove of mowing before you leave so you can determine if he's the right one for the job...if he can ever find your home!

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Raging Wombat said...

I can't believe how you so flagrantly flaunt your wealth and power. Escpecially in the face of us povs! The gall. The NERVE!

I would pay to have someone come mow my lawn, but instead I give that money to starving children.

Just kidding! I think it is a good idea. I would come and do it for you, but you moved to far away (serves you right!).

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Chelsa said...

Max likes to eat grass, and our landlord does not like to mow it (even though he's supposed to). We are thinking of offering to turn our son loose on the lawn in exchange for prorating our rent!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home