May the Force Be With You
The kids recently became very interested in Star Wars. It may have been the skit at Disneyland that started it all. I'm not sure, but it comes down to this: I let them watch the original three episodes. I hadn't seen them for awhile, and I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed them again. We're still working on some of the lingo - I'm cringing less when I hear the words, "Dark Vader" and "Light Saver," but I think they're finally getting it. Actually, Amara's the one that always says Dark Vader, and Ethan always corrects her. Anyways, Amara painted this picture of Luke Skywalker the other day. Unfortunately the face ran a little. And Ethan's been sleeping with a mini Yoda we have.When we watch these types of movies, I'm always struck by Amara's complete innocence. She asked 3 (or more?) times why they killed the Emperor. She can't wrap her mind around someone good hurting someone else, even if that someone else is throwing bolts of electricity at everyone else in the room...

1 Comments:
You are bringing them up well, proud I am. Now do them both a favor, do not let them see the first 3, it would ruin the trilogy for them...
Post a Comment
<< Home