Feb 23, 2008

Making excuses

I realize I've fallen a little behind on blogging lately, so here are my excuses:

Alan got a new job! We're excited, and will be relocating to Southern California. We've been trying to figure out the details and making housing/moving arrangements. In case you aren't aware, all our stuff (minus a couple boxes and suitcases) is still in a storage unit in Tennessee. So, Alan's going to be doing the grunt work and going to retrieve it in a few weeks. That'll be his third time making that drive. What a trooper. Anyway, more info on our move will be forthcoming.

Also, I did some deleting of files a couple days ago to make more room on my computer, and yesterday I went to open iphoto and discovered that my photo library no longer existed. I still don't know how I managed to do that. I know where the folder is and what its named and that it does not belong in the trash can. Nevertheless, it ended up there and the trash was emptied. I freaked out. I quickly downloaded FileSalvage, and it managed to salvage about 20 billion images from the last month, all of which I now need to sort through. Hopefully many of them are my lost pictures. I also found random pictures from websites I visited weeks ago. How did all that end up on my computer? The mind of a computer is a strange thing.

3 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Blogger cchrissyy said...

congratulations!
let's hang out again before you go. I'm curious about the job, and I still have that checkbook!

anyway, by saving all those tiny images from sites you've been to, pages load faster next time you visit.

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Erin said...

How exciting for your family. Where in Southern California? I grew up in Orange County and Randy and I lived in LA. Such a fun place to live...and you're sure to get lots of visitors since it's such a popular vacation destination!
Your kids are really cute and so creative. Fun to check in and get an update!

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats Alan! I hope the moving isn't a bear. Good luck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home