Dec 18, 2007

Merry Christmas from Middle Earth

Negotiations have been finalized and Peter Jackson is going to make a TWO MOVIE version of THE HOBBIT!

That's right we get to see Smaug on screen!



"I kill where I wish and none dare resist. I laid low the warriors of old and their like is not in the world today. Then I was but young and tender. Now I am old and strong, strong, strong. Thief in the Shadows! My armour is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!"


My apologies for suddenly turning our family blog into a movie review/entertainment blog, but this news is huge for my entire family. LOTR is a big deal in my family. In fact my dad used to wake us up on occasion, Christmas morning for example, by bellowing out a quote from the Great Goblin: "Who are these miserable persons!" (It's pretty scary, and he does it just like the old read along Hobbit children's book. In fact he could do pretty much the whole scene.) Two more times we will be able to be the first in line to geek out in Middle Earth at some unbelievably inconvenient time.

There is already some fan that has setup a blog for hobbit movie news. The only bummer now is that it will probably not come out for two or three years.

More detailed information can be found at this blog post, along with an interesting theory about why New Line was suddenly able to make the Hobbit deal happen.

Let's hope they shoot it in IMAX! I am giddy with excitement!

UPDATE: Here is more detail!

UPDATE: Best headline so far: Hobbit Movies May Restore Nerds Will To Live!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home