HeadOn
Can marketing get any worse?
Last night I was reading while the TV was on. Suddenly an odd commercial caught my attention. An image of a woman rubbing what looked like a sunscreen stick across her forehead appeared on screen side by side with a man with a grey bear in a lab coat. The words HeadsOn are clearly visible and then lab coat mans says something like "if you don't like it then you will get your money back." He repeats it again and then the commercial ends, leaving NO CLUE AS TO THE PURPOSE OF PRODUCT!
I practically leapt out of my chair. Was it for acne, sunburns, headache? I found the commercial to not just be bad, but unbelievably bad. Then I thought, perhaps the commercial is intentionally vague so that people search the web to figure out what it is. The strategy doesn't work very well, but it has been tried before. So, I pulled up the website only to discover that THERE IS NO INFORMATION ON WHAT THE PRODUCT IS FOR ON THE WEBSITE!!! You learn all sorts of stuff about it. Like how to apply it and all about the chemical compounds it contains, but it doesn't present to the reader WHY they would want to purchase the product. The website can be found here. Check it out, see if you can figure out why you would want to use HeadOn.
And here is an older commercial from You Tube for HeadOn (Not the one I saw, but with the same problems).
I still have no idea what the purpose of the product is, does anyone know?

1 Comments:
alan,
my morning radio guys discussed the commercial you show here... their info was that it is a headache relief product, but not FDA approved, no active ingredient, just totally a placebo, and that's why they can't claim anything in particular. But they get buzz from their unconventional commercials getting people to talk.
Post a Comment
<< Home