Sep 13, 2007

Snow White

I'm a little perplexed.  Today, Amara announced that she really wants to be Snow White for Halloween.  Really?  By the way, she's never actually seen Snow White, and after reading it, she pronounced it too scary and says she won't watch it until she's a bigger kiddo.  So her sudden change of heart has been interesting.  She was really excited about the Snow White costume at the store today, singling it out over Cinderella, her usual favorite.  Actually, she hasn't shown any specific interest in any of the other princesses that are on all the princess paraphernalia (like Belle, Aurora, sometimes Ariel, sometimes Snow White).
So today, we bought a costume.  I considered sewing one, but then thought it may be more difficult to get it done staying at my parents' instead of in my usual space.  But then we got the costume home and tried it on Amara - too big.  And strangely, I was relieved.  Yay - now I need to sew one, so even if it seems less practical, I'll do it anyway.  Weird sometimes how I don't just do what I want to do!

1 Comments:

At 1:08 PM, Blogger me said...

Maybe she likes Snow White just because her appearance is appealing to her? Sometimes, that's all it is. That movie is actually pretty dark, I think. When we went to Disneyland 2 and a half years ago, the Snow White Adventures ride was the only ride that scared Irene. She LOVED the rollercoasters, etc., but Snow White freaked her out. It's psychologically frightening.

By the way, we're still in Davis. Stop by and visit sometime!

My blog is raidp.blogspot.com in case you're interested.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home