Jul 12, 2007

Soccer Update

So, we are back in Nashville and I was able to get back to playing soccer. While in CA and WA the team didn't suffer much from my absence, winning both games that I missed by wide margins. Well, last night I had my first game back and if there were awards for goals I would get the ugliest goal award along with the longest shot.

For the ugly goal I messed up a shot, putting almost nothing behind it. The good thing was that it went exactly were I wanted it to, it just had no power. The goalie just missed picking it off as it slid in the corner. It looked like a goal in slow motion, and at least three of my teammates called it "ugly." For the longest goal the keeper came out to clear a through ball and it got deflected towards me. I was about 10 yards from the half line and the keeper was out quite a ways. I gunned it towards the net and luckily it bounced in.

The other goals of the night from my teammates were quite pretty, some of my teammates are really good.

We won 7-2, but it was mostly a function of the other team being down a man. We scored 3 goals in the first 20 minutes and then we dropped a man and switched our defensive players and offensive players to ensure a closer game. It didn't really work. We ended up dominating the rest of the game.

At least my toe didn't hurt too much without a toenail. When we were in WA at the beach I noticed that the sea water was passing underneath my toenail, a day later it came off completely. (I decided I wouldn't subject anyone to a picture.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home