May 13, 2007

Yay for Moms

Today I really enjoyed Mother's Day. During church, all the sweet little kids went up front and sang a song about mothers. Amara stared straight at me, and belted out the words. She is really the sweetest little girl and I am constantly amazed by her and how much I love her. This whole motherhood thing is by far the best thing I've ever done. And to both my mom and Alan's mom: I love you so much. Thanks for devoting yourselves so fully to your children, and for being so involved with your grandkids. They are crazy about you both and talk about you often!
Here's Ethan and Grandma. We spent most of the day today relaxing outside and playing in the water (really, the water is often unavoidable when we're outside.)
I was trying to get a picture of Amara in her swimsuit, but she kept wrapping up in her towel. This is the best I could do. Thanks, towel, for the crazy hair.

He just looks so big and purposeful here. Cracks me up.

Also of note: Both Alan and Grandpa slaved away in the kitchen today, making all three meals for everyone. And Amara made some really great cards for us. She made one for me a couple weeks ago, and I couldn't remember the special safe place I put it (argh!), so she rushed off and hid in her room, later emerging with another fancy Mother's Day card! Did I mention I love that girl??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home