May 16, 2007

Graduation day

I finally have a handful of pictures to post, but I got way behind with the grandparents here. So... I think I'll catch up over the next couple of days, and put up some pictures of our activities. Prepare yourself for lots of pool pictures coming soon...
Immediately following the graduation ceremony, we were hungry! We opted for some good ole' Tennessee BBQ ribs. Mmmm...
Later in the day we headed over to Build-A-Bear. Amara opted for Hello Kitty, which she faithfully sleeps with every night now. She picked out a very stylin' outfit for kitty, complete with a sequined pink purse and rhinestone studded shoes. All very pink... she was very proud of her coordinating capabilities, and I couldn't help but wonder why she seems to think that a striped skirt and a flowered shirt are an acceptable combination for herself....
Grandmommy got in on the action, too. Here she is pushing the pedal to control the amount of stuffing that goes into the animal. She got a dog, and she repeatedly reminded us of his cuteness. (It was cute, I confess.)
Ethan was a little wary, but came home with a super soft and snuggly bunny that he's been watching over.
A trip to the mall is incomplete without multiple rides on the carousel. Amara usually insists on sitting on the bench or teacups, but once we convinced her to hop on this horse, she morphed into some kind of cowgirl. She was hamming it up for the camera and being kooky. Ethan and I are on the adjacent horse. At first, he didn't want to get on, but once the ride started, he kept pushing my hand off of him. Hello, didn't anyone tell him he's way too young for the independent streak to set in??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home