Little Nurturer
Today I heard the curious squeaking sound of Amara scooting her stool around. Hmm...
what could she be trying to reach? She pulled down a baby book off the
bookshelf (why she insists on pulling heavy objects off of shelves
above her head still concerns me), and brought it in the car. She
complained about 20 times on the 5 minute car ride that it was too dark
and she couldn't see the pictures, which she needed to see so she could
tell what color her baby would be. ??? I told her there were no
pictures anyway, just words about how to take care of a baby. She then
proceeded to "read" me a chapter. "If your baby cries, you can: Nurse
him, give him water, snuggle him, or say words to him. Then if he says
the word back, you can say it again." She then provided a wonderful
example of her last piece of advice in an exchange with Ethan.
She also locked me out of the house so she could surprise me with a special
snack. She really did lock me out while I was trying to bring in groceries, but she came around after a few seconds when I promised not to look in the kitchen. She had set three places with fish crackers, and got herself and me milk to drink, and a
cup of water for Ethan. She was so proud of her offering, and I was pretty proud, too. Love that girl.

1 Comments:
wow, she's so cool
Post a Comment
<< Home