Dec 27, 2006

Merry Belated Christmas

I really slacked on my Christmas Day
pictures this year. What was I thinking? Here are some funny ones of Amara
getting ready for Christmas. Its Christmas Eve, we just got home from
Church, and I found her experimenting with some make up. We've been
really enjoying some time with our families this last week and a half.
Though, I have decided that I really need to come up
with some traditions specifically directed at bringing the real meaning
of Christmas into our home. I didn't make any real concerted efforts
this year to do that, and I really feel like I missed the whole point.
I was a bit surprised, really, at how easily that happened. Anyways, if
anyone wants to contribute any ideas, I'm listening.

2 Comments:

At 7:50 AM, Blogger HornInFBb said...

I dropped the ball about Christmas decorating and traditions too. next year, I guess?

 
At 6:40 AM, Blogger Bluebell said...

We had a simple fhe on the symbols of Christmas (candy canes=shepherd's crook; evergreen trees=eternal life and everlasting love; wreathe=no beginning, no end...basically all the symbols of Christmas are supposed to point us to Christ. Even the colors-red representing his blood, etc.)and then decorated our tree. The Spirit was there and Owen really got it but it wasn't daunting or large-scale.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home