Jan 14, 2007

Ethan's latest

Ethan was in rare form the other night. Apparently, while I snapped this photo, he was using his special Jedi technique to convince me that he should be allowed to stay up half the night. It was after 10:30 when he finally succumbed to sleep.








Alan and I finally decided to start 24, since it became apparent that waiting for Ethan to go to sleep was a futile effort. He kept doing these crazy dipping dances every time the beeping clock would come on.










This is another shot of him dancing. It was hard to capture it in stills, but notice that he's practically sitting on the floor. Yes, he was very enthusiastic about this particular dance. The next couple nights he went to bed much earlier. Phew!










Other interests Ethan's been cultivating lately? Foraging! He loves to dig through the grocery bags when we first get home from the store, and to pull fruits out of the fruit bowl. He's actually been quite successful at eating fruit this way.







He's also been developing his paternal instincts lately. I'm hoping he'll follow in his sister's footsteps at least a little bit on this one. Not that I'm expecting him to play house for hours on end... He calls all the babies Daphne (which is Amara's favorite doll, and it comes out of his mouth sounding more like dada), and he also pats and rocks them, and I'm pretty sure he's making some singing attempts as well. Amara became obsessed with babies at this age. I have some very cute pictures, but they're not digital, so I'll have to get around to digging out the actual pictures.

1 Comments:

At 10:31 AM, Blogger Chelsa said...

Max actually hardly ever goes to sleep before ten. Ian gets home from work late, so we had to find a schedule that allows Max to spend a little dad-time in the evenings. I hear you about the TV, though -- it is frustrating when you have a plan for the evening that depends on your kids behaving according to routine, and then they suddenly veer off of it for no reason.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home