
Today we made our way into Old Sacramento. Here are a few highlights:
1. Mmm...Candy. Tubs of candy. I saw at least 3 of these types of candy shops in Old Sac today.

2.Here's a shot of a couple of the classic Old Sac monuments: The giant pyramid in the background. For years, I wondered what that pyramid could be. Finally I found out that it was simply an office building. Kind of boring, considering the strange theories I'd heard and entertained. The company went under a few years ago, though and now I have no idea if its even in use. Still, all my interesting theories are forever completely out the window. Also, the Delta King, a riverboat that also doubles as a hotel/restaurant. I've wandered around on this ship a bit, but never officially been to any event there.

3. We also went to the train museum! Its fun, I admit, to wander through the giant trains, and imagine how different life was just 100 years ago!

4. And of course at the train museum we made a stop at the kid-friendly Thomas train area. Both Amara and Ethan were happy to relax and play a little here.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home