
My Sweeties, of course. Today we had a really nice, albeit quiet Thanksgiving (hmm.. quiet may not be the most accurate word choice with two cute and crazy kids). We didn't have any company or anything, and I made a comment about it seeming a little lonely to Alan, and he replied - yeah, but at least we're not stressing, and we would be if we were having company. So true! We both really enjoy having people over, but we tend to overdo it when we're cooking.

Anyways, we spent the early afternoon at the park, then went home and cooked! We were congratulating ourselves for making a complete Thanksgiving meal on our own, until I realized that this is our 7th Thanksgiving together, and the first time we've done this. And until last year when we shared the responsibilities with some friends, we'd barely done anything to prepare for Thanksgiving dinner! We are slackers, and grateful to our families!

We did have one experiment on the menu this year, thanks to Alan and his always experimental mind: He barbecued the turkey. It was successful in that it made the turkey extra tasty, but the coals were starting to cool before the bird was done, so we moved it into the oven for the last little bit. I expect that there will be another attempt in the near future with some slight modifications. Can I just add that I'm so glad to have a husband that enjoys cooking?!

Happy Thanksgiving! We had a fun day, but missed all our family!
1 Comments:
I love those smiles. Ethan looks ecstatic in that swing.
Post a Comment
<< Home