May 26, 2006

Those long summer days

Amara has always been a bit of an early riser. 7:00 is about the latest we can hope for from her. This morning Amara was up at 5:30!! I made her stay in bed another 30 minutes in the hopes she'd fall back asleep, but no. I found her later trying to get Daphne to sleep, and she kept telling me to go out and be quiet. Could she have gotten this from me? I told her to be quiet over and over this morning in an attempt to keep Ethan sleeping. Notice she's even got Daphne sleeping on her Nemo pillow. So selfless! She told me she was helping Daphne not be scared. (All those scary straight-hanging clothes!)

She seemed tired last night, so I figured that, combined with the early wake-up, she'd be ready for a nap today. So, I sequestered her to her bed for a half hour with a few books, and she sang happily the whole time! At least I tried, right? She started getting sleepy at 5:30, and I got her to bed around 7. She asked my why I was making her go to the bed during the day, since it was still light out. It would be weird going to sleep when its still light out... Poor girl!

1 Comments:

At 8:49 PM, Blogger HornInFBb said...

I love creative, thoughtful kids :)
we've been up mysteriously early all week. I wish I could fix that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home