May 23, 2006

Gloves

Awhile ago I made an apron and oven mitts to go with Amara's kitchen set. This seemed like a good plan, except that she's convinced that her mitts (made of fleece), are suitable to be used in the real oven. She also uses them whenever she needs to touch hot stuff, like toast (which she's quite the pro at making), or other food. Her winter gloves also double as oven mitts when hers are lost.

The other day I pulled something out of the microwave, and warned her that it was hot and shouldn't be eaten yet. She suggested simply using her oven mitts to eat it. Does anyone else see a problem with this? I tried to explain that if its too hot to touch with your hands, its probably too hot to put in your mouth, but my explanations were futile.

If you'll take a closer look at this picture, you'll get a sense of Amara's fashion sense. Again, tights - but over her shorts. And the glove. I believe it remained a part of her wardrobe even after the toast necessitated its use. If it were the 80's I'd gladly make Michael Jackson comparisons, but nowadays.... Speaking of famous freaks, she also tried on flip flops yesterday for the first time this summer and she's back to her stiff-legged shuffle AKA Frankenstein walk. This walk originally appeared when she got her first pair of flip flops, but it gradually faded over time. I'm just surprised to see it back again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home