May 21, 2006

Movies are corrupting my kid!

Today Amara told me that she was going to burp the alphabet, but that if you burp the alphabet you have to go out in the garden. What? Who told you about burping the alphabet? Did you hear this from another kid? Well, Alan overheard the conversation and informed me that in the movie he took her to on Friday (Over the Hedge), the squirrel burps the alphabet. Ok. She spent the afternoon saying the alphabet in a weird burpish voice. Then I remembered the other day that she was singing, "If you wanna be my lovah..." Again, WHAT?? That time it was Chicken Little, where Ugly Duckling and Runt regularly do karaoke to pop songs, especially annoying ones by The Spice Girls. So, I'm thinking, what other crazy things has/is/will my children learn from movies? Fortunately, I find both of these to be rather amusing and harmless, but still... So what wacky things have your kids picked up from movies?

2 Comments:

At 8:24 AM, Blogger HornInFBb said...

E just likes to yell "to infinity, and beyond!" every time he jumps, and he'll randomly come up and tell me "I come in peace", which is pretty silly :)
the only other movie he ever watches is Dumbo, which is partly responsible for his train craze, but, whatever :)

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Ian said...

Max hasn't copied T.V./movies yet, but he sure does watch T.V. when I have it on. According to my Dr. Sears book he is not supposed to watch T.V. till he is like two. Chelsa is awesome about this, but I like watching basketball games/the cooking channel with him (just a little bit). Oh ya and I watched a little star wars with him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home