May 13, 2006

Garage sales

I've always been a fan of garage sales in theory. I've even been known to check the classifieds for sales in the area. But, its a rare occasion when I actually get myself ready early and peruse the neighborhood. Well, this morning our neighbors were having a sale. That's garage sale shopping made easy. I headed over, chatted awhile, and bought a couple new toys for Amara. One was this cool, handmade, wooden Noah's Ark, complete with Noah and lots of animals. Very cute. I also got 4 puzzles, a book, and a tool set. Amara played all day with her new stuff and didn't even want to go to the park! Weirdo. I'm surprised she didn't put a hole in the wall with her hammer, drill, screws, etc. I need to get her a block of wood to use or something...??


Tonight we introduced Amara to s'mores. I wasn't sure if she'd really go for it, since she's got a bit of an aversion to goo, but she chowed down.

"Do you want a s'more?" "How can I have s' more when I haven't had any yet?"
Is that from Sandlot?

2 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Blogger HornInFBb said...

I love that ark!
I went out yesterday too, for the first time all year and the first time ever taking E, it was actually fun!

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Ian said...

That Ark is pretty sweet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home