May 14, 2006

Mother's Day

"There is nothing like raising a baby to make a person feel, every day, like part of a mutual endeavor shared with all of humanity and to realize the miraculous effort of love that goes into the perpetuation of the human race." -Quote from A Baby Blessing



Well, I decided before today that I really just wanted to think about how great my kids are this Mother's Day instead of expecting a perfect day. Sometimes these holidays set us up for impossible expectations - my kids will be angels all day and my husband will anticipate my every need and act accordingly... stupid, right?






Alan spoke in church today. He talked about gratitude, and specifically how we ought to be grateful for our mothers. That was sweet. Amara sang with all the other kids a very cute song about mothers. And my kids were sweet and fun. Alan made dinner (which he does often), and I enjoyed the flowers he sent the other day. I also spoke to my mom and Alan's mom, both of which are great, loving and devoted moms. It really was a great day! And who couldn't love these cuties??

2 Comments:

At 10:26 AM, Blogger HornInFBb said...

that's nice :)
my day was a real mix, I wish I'd started with no expectations at all!

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Raging Wombat said...

We get it; Alan is perfect. Sheesh!

Happy Mother's Day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home